I've recently been on a health kick, and while counting calories might be a pain in the booty, feeling hungry is WORSE. So I make sure to have healthy, filling foods with protein to battle away the munchies. This healthy & filling summer salad is under 500 calories and is so delicious you won't miss the fast food.
What you'll need:
- Lettuce (I love romaine, kale, basically anything but iceberg...bleh!)
- 1/2 cup Cottage cheese (I get the 4% because anything lower I find disgusting!!)
- 1-2 Cups Red Cabbage
- Chopped Red Onion (as much as you'd like, I only do the amount shown in pic below)
- Lemon Pepper Grilled Chicken from Trader Joes (1/2 or 1 full cutlet...for this I used 1/2)
- Handful of unsalted sunflower seeds (Trader Joes)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil & Red Wine Vinegar for dressing!
Preparation of this salad is pretty straight forward, chop up the lettuce, onion, cabbage (I prefer strips instead of diced). For this salad to keep the calories lower I only used half a piece of chicken and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Trust me between the chicken, sunflower seeds (just a sprinkle is needed!) and the cottage cheese theres enough protein to keep you full for a long time.